Wednesday

Reclaim The Night




When creating a "collage" for the class I came across a random website that really interested me. I bookmarked it and knew that it would be a perfect addition to my blog, and that it would come in hand in the next few weeks of the semester. This website is fantastic. I love the ideas behind this, because I see women afraid to walk past dark all of the time. It leaves me with the question why are women always so afraid of the dark? For an example: I live down a long country road, that on an average day probably sees around 4 or 5 cars. There are 3 houses on this road, and it is rare to see people you do not know on the road. My mother enjoys walking, but will not walk past dusk for fear of the dark. Is she afraid of what might happen during the dark hours? How did we become afraid of the dark? Has television put an automatic scare in us? Are we too cautious when it comes to this? I suggest everyone take a look at this website. It is great, and gives some great and powerful messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment